Fire Warden Training
Fire Warden Training Course
There is a legal requirement on employers to prepare an Emergency Plan that outlines how the workplace will be evacuated in the event of a fire outbreak. The Fire Warden course aims to inform Fire Wardens of their responsibilities in running a fire drill and participating in the Emergency Plan effectively and safely. Where a member of staff has a position of authority in relation to Fire Safety in the Workplace, the member of staff should have a certain level of competency. This training will provide the individual with the required competency. The Fire Warden Training Course provides participants with a comprehensive knowledge of their duties and actions to be followed during a fire, as part of the Emergency Plan. The course enables staff with an enhanced fire safety role to meet the training requirements detailed in the current workplace fire safety legislation with the course curriculum covering:
- Fire prevention
- Practical exercises
- A Legislation module
- Identification of possible fire hazards in the workplace
- Fire and smoke behaviour theory.
- Human behaviour and firefighting – theory and practical
- Role and responsibilities of fire wardens
- Site specific Fire evacuation procedures
On successful completion Participants should be able to:
- Identify if your premises are equipped with appropriate fire prevention and firefighting equipment.
- Check to make fire equipment has been inspected and maintained as frequently as necessary.
- Advise staff on measures to reduce the risk of fire occurring.
- Advise staff on action to take in the event of an emergency.
- Identify possible fire hazards in the workplace.
- Assist in the fire risk assessment process.
- Understand how fires can occur and how fire and smoke can spread.
- Identify the correct type of fire equipment for the class of fire.
The course duration is 1/2 day and will be delivered at a chosen location
The number of learners attending is limited from a minimum of 10 to a maximum of 20 persons. For larger groups, please arrange multiple group bookings with Centre of Excellence
Instructor: Niall O’Connell
- Post Grad Diploma Environmental Protection, Sligo Institute of Technology (In Progress)
- Msc in Occupational Health, University College Cork (2007)
- Bsc (Honours) in Occupational Safety, Health and Environment, University of Greenwich (2005)
- Diploma in Process and Chemical Engineering, University College Cork (2003)
- Diploma in Industrial Engineering, Cork Institute of Technology (1993)
- Qualifications in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, Cork Institute of Technology (1981/82)
Experience Niall has worked in Food and Beverage, BulkPharmaceutical, Food Processing, Electrical and Electronic industry.Niall is an experienced Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Professional with 35 years experience in manufacturing of which the last 11 years were with Pepsi Cola as EHS and Manufacturing support Team Leader. His main strengths are in People Management, Health and Safety, Environment, Maintenance and Industrial Engineering. Niall is a Compressed Gases Safety expert. Niall has strong attention to detail, problem solving skills. He is loyal, honest, committed and highly respected. His skill set not industry specific as supervisory management, health & safety and environmental can be applied across a wide industrial spectrum from production to facilities to engineering. Niall is a proven manager /team leader and team member, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.