Office Fire Safety Awareness Training
Office Fire Safety Awareness Training Course
Office Fire Safety Awareness Training is not optional as there is a legal requirement on employers to prepare an Emergency Plan that outlines how the workplace will be evacuated in the event of a fire outbreak. The Office Fire Awareness course aims to inform Managers and Staff of their responsibilities in participating in a fire drill and in the Emergency Plan effectively and safely. Where a member of staff has a position of authority in relation to Fire Safety in the Workplace, the member of staff should have a certain level of competency. This training will provide the individual with the required competency. The Office Fire Training Course provides participants with a comprehensive knowledge of their duties and actions to be followed during a fire, as part of the Emergency Plan. The course enables staff with an enhanced fire safety role to meet the training requirements detailed in the current workplace fire safety legislation with the course curriculum covering:
- Fire prevention
- A Legislation module
- Identification of possible fire hazards in the workplace
- Fire and smoke behaviour theory.
- Human behaviour and fire-fighting.
- Site specific Fire evacuation procedures
On successful completion Participants should be able to:
- Identify if your premises are equipped with appropriate fire prevention and firefighting equipment.
- Check to make fire equipment has been inspected and maintained as frequently as necessary.
- Be aware of measures to reduce the risk of fire occurring.
- Be aware of actions to take in the event of an emergency.
- Identify possible fire hazards in the workplace.
- Assist in the fire risk assessment process.
- Understand how fires can occur and how fire and smoke can spread.
- Identify the correct type of fire equipment for the class of fire.
The course duration is 1/2 day and will be delivered at a chosen location
The number of learners attending is limited from a minimum of 10 to a maximum of 20 persons. For larger groups, please arrange multiple group bookings with Sheqnetwork
Instructor: Colm Cronin
- 2012 Bachelor of Science (Nautical Science) NATIONAL MARITIME COLLEGE OF IRELAND www.NMCI.ie
- 1999 Bachelor of Arts (Geography & History) NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF IRELAND GALWAY www.NUIGalway.ie
- 2011 Shipboard safety officer NATIONAL MARITIME COLLEGE OF IRELAND www.NMCI.ie
- 2012 Ship Security Officer NATIONAL MARITIME COLLEGE OF IRELAND www.NMCI.ie
- 2011 Advanced Fire Fighting NATIONAL MARITIME COLLEGE OF IRELAND www.NMCI.ie
An integral part of Colm’s extensive experience at sea, was part of the fire-fighting team. At sea, there is no call to 999 available, so fire prevention and tackling fires are the responsibility of the crew on board. There is a great focus on this during weekly fire drills on board ship, and during his years of service on merchant and navy ships, Colm has quite a bit of experience to share during his courses.